Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ketel One: Number One?

The lovely people at Matchstick invited me and a guest to The Spoke Club for a private vodka tasting. I brought along fellow blogger and good friend Anita from I Want I Got. We were treated to complimentary Ketel One martinis followed by a bubbly speech from the Ketel One representative who gave us a rundown on the history of the family brand and what it's made from. (Ketel One is over 300 years old and is made from wheat.)

Then we got to tasting various vodkas, all at room temperature - first the Ketel One vodka, then Grey Goose, then Absolut Vodka. I had had Ketel One before and knew it was a really smooth vodka, but had no idea there was such a difference between them all.

Ketel One really did come out number one! It is so smooth and doesn't burn as much going down. Grey Goose was good too, but there was more of a scent and a bit more of a burn. The Absolut compared to the others smelled foul and totally burned.

The best part, besides getting a little tipsy for free was the goodie bag which contained a bottle of Ketel One, a mini bottle of my fave liquer Grand Marnier, a Ketel One martini shaker, and a receipe card. That bag did contain some good stuff!

OK, I'm off to make myself an Ultimate Ketel One Cosmopolitan.

1 comment:

geekigirl said...

Good. You didn't use the picture of us. I was going to.