Friday, March 21, 2008

L'Oreal Fashion Week: Fall 2008 - Day Three

By day three, fashion fatigue was setting in. My feet were starting to ache and the rain was wreaking havoc on my hair. I decided to catch up at work and skip the BRATZ presentation of Diesel Kids - as cute as I am sure it was.

Comrags Finale

I did get there for Comrags' show at 7pm. It was a very lady-like collection, almost 40's collection of very well fitted clothing. The forest theme of the show backdrop was continued in twigged brooches. Very pretty.

Andy The-Ahn

Andy The-Ahn followed with a really hip, elegant collection featuring some lovely ruffled blouses, coats and dresses.

I was debating whether to stay for David Dixon, but the crowds were getting to me and I wanted to be sure that I had a great spot to see the one show that I couldn't miss - Dragonette, who were performing at the Flare Magazine & Fido party at the Drake.

Dragonette Performs for Flare

I was able to get a spot right in front of them. Fantastic! The lead singer was sporting a new short, rock n' roll 'do - which, at first, I wasn't sure of, but now completely love on her. As with most corporate events bands are hired for, the crowd was very conservative and few danced. I can't wait to see their Phoenix show in a couple weeks where I know everyone will know who they are. After a few Belvedere cocktails, I hopped in a cab - Cinderella styles at the strike of midnight - to try and catch up on some z's.

No comments: