Friday, March 21, 2008

L'Oreal Fashion Week: Fall 2008 - Day One

This has been my favourite fashion week yet. Not only did I feel that there was more buzz about the designers - especially after the success of Project Runway Canada - but I found that there were a higher number of really fantastic and consistent lines. The best part about it for me personally was reconnecting with my best friend from high school on Monday at Joe Fresh - which led to a lot of late nights at the multitude of after parties.

Denis Gagnon

I have a full time job, which limited my attendance to just the evening shows (and a delay in my posting.) The first show I saw was Montreal designer, Denis Gagnon who produced a very consistent line which I thought reminiscent of eighteenth century highway robbers - with lots of long sweaters, hoods and amazing folding details.

Coco Rocha walks for Joe Fresh

The tent was packed for the invite-only Joe Fresh show. The discount designer's collection was very mod-inspired and very Joe. The highlight for the show was undeniably the appearance of Canadian supermodel Coco Rocha on the runway.

Joe Fresh After Party: (L-R: Cathy, Carolyn Rohaly, Anita Clarke, and photographer/makeup artist Neil Schmidt.)

The after party was held under the tents, but the crowd fizzled out quite quickly. My venture to the subway ended up being more entertaining as we passed drunken St. Patrick Day revelers, girls peeing outside the Eaton Centre and a crazy homeless man who dropped himself and his garbage bags to the ground to stare at my friend's shoes. Thankfully, Anita from I Want- I Got told him off and he scuttled to the other end of the platform.

No comments: