Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Madonna!

I've always been a mega Madonna fan. I won't even get into all the things I've collected over the years - magazine covers, CD singles, books (I have two copies of SEX - one in French, the other in English) and even a strange troll doll dressed up like Madonna from her Blonde Ambition tour. Each shocking thing she did made my mum cringe. I'd be dancing around the house when I was about 8 singing "Like a Virgin" and my mum would freak out telling me, "you cannae sing that!" I didn't understand why, but I knew there was something about this girl that made me want to know more.

Today is also the day Elvis died - Madonna was 18 that day, and this year Michael Jackson and Prince also turn 50. (Coincidence? I think not...)

In celebration of Madonna turning 50 today, here are a few my fave Madonna videos:

Justify My Love (1990)


Bad Girl (1992)



Bedtime Story (1994)


Of course, I can't post them all, but check out Madonna's YouTube page and you can watch a bunch more.

No comments: